Just say no to travel without trip insurance

T

T$

Traveling without trip insurance is risky business. Most people wouldn’t consider the possibility of not having proper insurance while at home, but fail to realize that when you travel you should be covered just as well. There’s really no excuse for traveling without trip insurance and not having it can end up costing you considerably more than a reasonably priced travel policy would have, if you’d purchased it before you began your trip.
There’s no good reason for traveling without cover
There’s no explanation that hasn’t been offered by travelers for not purchasing insurance. Some of the more common ones are:

Excuses
• I don’t think I’ll need it
• It’s too expensive
• I’m already covered
• I’m not traveling that far
The truth
• Who ever knows when they’ll need insurance
• Cheap travel insurance is widely available
• Most general insurance policies do not provide international travel cover
• Accidents and incidents know no bounds
The bottom line is that no reason is acceptable for not having trip insurance.
What are the benefits of purchasing trip insurance?

Ask any traveler that has found themselves in any of the following scenarios and you’ll be sure to discover why having insurance is so important:
• Lost or stolen baggage-Here’s a little known fact; carrier liability on luggage is limited and restrictive. If your baggage is lost or stolen while you are traveling, there’s a good chance you won’t receive nearly enough compensation to cover the costs of your personal property.
• Trip cancellation or delays- If you become ill, a loved one passes away, or your carrier postpones your trip what will you do? The costs of re-scheduling or rearranging your trip can bring your plans to a screeching halt.
• A medical emergency- Getting affordable and proper medical treatment while traveling can be difficult, add in the fact that you don’t have insurance and your problems will get a whole lot worse. Most countries do not accept foreign insurance and will not pay for you to be medically evacuated back home if your injuries require further care in your home country.
Why needlessly risk your health and happiness instead of protecting them? Purchase trip protection and stay safe.
By: Peter Smyth

Back